The Lent Rules are now in effect for me. This means strict guidelines for how I use Twitter. For the next 40 days, I am basically a ghost, haunting my timeline.
Last year, I attempted to give it up cold turkey. It didn’t work out very well as I never factored in how I would manage work responsibilities. I can not give up Twitter completely since I still manage Kyla‘s presence on the platform but I absolutely can limit what I see by using Tweetdeck and muting words.
Here is how I do it:
- Twitter is deleted from my devices.
- Only post using third-party applications. It could be the in-game functionality included with Warcraft or directly from Instagram. Most of the content I will share will be from a service such as Buffer or Smarterqueue.
- If I do by chance check my timeline, no reacting. This means no replies or retweets. Commenting in any way is a big nope. Don’t even think of hitting the like button.
- Add an email address to my profile. If anyone feels they need to reach me, they can.
- Enjoy all my new found time not worrying about Twitter.